The top 10 benefits of hiring a church consultant
Compiled from the free consulting discussion group on LinkedIn.
1. A consultant provides an objective viewpoint, enabling the church to see things through outside eyes.
2. The consultant doesn't have to follow any particular program.
3. He or she will not only identify barriers to growth but also suggest some correctives.
4. A consultant is helpful when a church is going through a period of change.
5. Consultants can bring specific skills and expertise to a church that are not necessarily in the gift set of the staff.
6. He can complete short-term projects without adding to staff.
7. Can provide specialized expertise for a specific need.
8. Can provide creative solutions for church challenges that no one has ever thought of before.
9. A consultant can be an objective mediator for church conflict.
10. A consultant is often the only person a pastor can talk to openly about sensitive issues.
Articles from Church Central
What are the signs of an effective church?
Seven qualifications to look for in a church consultant
Diagnose your church’s health: Are leaders committed to the ministry of the church?
When is a church consultant worth the money?
Consulting your way out of conflict
Pastor as church consultant: Training benefits home churches and others
Diagnose your church’s health: Is the church keeping new members?
Consulting is on the rise
Finding a future in ministry
Society for Church Consulting
13100 Eastpoint Park Blvd.
Louisville, KY 40223
Boys of Courage - reviews of books & other products for boys